It’s the birthday of Ghanaian heartthrob, John Dumelo. The actor turns 34 today and he has so many things to be grateful for, one being the love he gets from fans across the world.
John has seen a steady rise in the Ghana and Nigeria movie industry, that he has become a household name.
There are things about John that we don’t know, but these are 7 facts about John Dumelo that you didn’t know.
1. He was born February 3, 1984 to John Dumelo Snr. and Antionette Dumelo. He is the last and only boy of three children.
2. John had his primary education at Christ the King International School in Accra, Ghana, where he was selected by GAMA Film Company to play the role as a pupil in the movie ‘Baby Thief’. He had his secondary education at Achimota School and further studied at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology where he read Civil Engineering.
3. He started his acting career at an early age. He has been acting since 1991. Featuring in popular Ghana series like Sun City and About to Wed.
4. He won Joy FM’s Best Ghanaian Actor in 2009.
5. John has won Africa’s Most Outstanding Actor 2011 at the Afro Australian Movies and Music Awards in Dec 2011 in Australia.
6. John in spite of his popularity, remains humble and modest.
7. He is a great philanthropist, giving back to the society through charity.